Join us on our most popular motorcycle route in South Africa! Perfect of couples and less adventurous riders.
UpSouth Adventures takes you on an unforgettable journey. Starting in Cape Town, we wind our way through breathtaking coastal routes and work our way inland. Crossing spectacular mountain ranges either via paved or optional gravel road passes and valleys, you explore the true beauty of the Cape from all angles.
From open roads in semi-arid desert areas to twisty roads along the fertile coast, you experience it all. Magnificent views and interesting roads, combined with motorcycling.. what more do you need?!
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: START/FINISH: Cape Town Loop
RECOMMENDED AIRPORT: Cape Town International
TOTAL DISTANCE: 2 700km
DAILY RIDING AVERAGE: 6 – 8 hours
REST DAYS: 2 days
ACCOMMODATION: Breakfast + Dinners Included, hand-picked, exceptional accommodation.
EXCURSIONS INCLUDE: 2x Game Drives, Ostrich Farm, Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope.
ROAD CONDITIONS: 95% paved road, with many optional gravel roads.
Day 01 | Arrival
Day 02 | 160KM: Cape Town Loop Ride
Day 03 | 300KM: Cape Town to Montagu
Day 04 | 310KM: Montagu to Oudtshoorn
Day 05 | 210KM: Loop Ride
Day 06 | 240KM: Oudtshoorn to Tsitsikamma
Day 07 | 230KM: Tsitsikamma to Addo
Day 08 | 150KM: Addo to Steytlerville
Day 09 | 270KM: Steytlerville to Wilderness
Day 10 | Rest Day
Day 11 | 340KM: Wilderness to Cape Agulhas
Day 12 | 250KM: Cape Agulhas to Stellenbosch
Day 13 | 240KM: Stellenbosch to Cape Town
Day 14 | Departure
Understanding the local exchange rate
Before travelling to a new destination, it’s essential to consider the exchange rate of the country you’ll be visiting. This allows you to determine how much the currency from your country of residence is worth in the country you are travelling to. This will influence your options for activities, accommodation and transportation. Typically, the rand is a slightly weaker currency than many of its counterparts. This usually enables visitors to enjoy the perk of receiving good value for their expenses here!
(*) Pillions recommended only for experienced off road riders.
• 13x Accommodation nights.
• All Dinners and Breakfasts.
• 12 days BMW motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage and motorcycle insurance.
• BMW Motorrad Guide on a motorcycle.
• 4×4 Back-up vehicle, carrying: luggage, first aid, tools & spares, drinking water, as well as space for passengers.
• Excursions specified in the tour summary, i.e. game drives.
• Toll fees & entrance to National Parks.
• Airport transfers.
• Travel and Medical Insurance.
• Lunch and Refreshments.
• Excursions not mentioned in the tour summary.
• Any personal expenses.
• Helmet and protective gear. (Please bring your own gear.)
• Motorcycle luggage (Tankbags, panniers, etc can be rented.)
Excursions prior to, or after the tour can be arranged, i.e. City Tour.
Additional accommodation can be arranged for those arriving earlier, or staying longer.