The surprisingly, ever-changing landscapes, the vast country with its plains, deserts and dunes, the extensive wildlife, the jaw-dropping, big open skies and the indescribably incredible feeling of freedom riding the gravel roads of Namibia.. yeah that’s what we all crave!
Starting in Cape Town, we wind our way through breathtaking coastal routes and work our way north, via the Cape Winelands towards the Tankwa Karoo, exploring the backroads of the Cederberg mountain range.
We ride along the Fish River Canyon and make our way towards the coast. Then back inland, exploring the hidden gems of the desert. Finally we end off on a high at a Private Game Reserve with its abundant wildlife and word-class accommodation to complete the unforgettable experience.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: START/FINISH: Cape Town / Windhoek
RECOMMENDED AIRPORT: Cape Town International
TOTAL DISTANCE: 3 100km
DAILY RIDING AVERAGE: 6 – 7 hours
REST DAYS: 4 days
ACCOMMODATION: Breakfast + Dinners Included, hand-picked, exceptional accommodation.
EXCURSIONS INCLUDE: Cape Peninsula Park, Fish River Canyon, Sossusvlei Dunes NP drive, 2x Game Drives, Kolmanskop Ghost Town.
ROAD CONDITIONS: 50% gravel, 50% paved road
Day 01 | Arrival
Day 02 | 170KM: Cape Town to Stellenbosch
Day 03 | 260KM: Stellenbosch to Cederberg
Day 04 | 220KM: Cederberg to Nieuwoudtville
Day 05 | 390KM: Niewoudtville to Springbok
Day 06 | 310KM: Springbok to Fish River Canyon
Day 07 | 340KM: Fish River Canyon to Aus
Day 08 | 0/260KM: Optional Luderitz Loop Ride
Day 09 | 370KM: Aus to Sossusvlei
Day 10 | 0KM: Dune Excursion / Rest Day
Day 11 | 350KM: Sossusvlei to Swakopmund
Day 12 | 400KM: Swakkopmund to Omaruru
Day 13 | 0KM: Safari Drive / Rest Day
Day 14 | 180KM: Transfer from Omaruru to Windhoek (by van)
Day 15 | Departure
Understanding the local exchange rate
Before travelling to a new destination, it’s essential to consider the exchange rate of the country you’ll be visiting. This allows you to determine how much the currency from your country of residence is worth in the country you are travelling to. This will influence your options for activities, accommodation and transportation. Typically, the rand is a slightly weaker currency than many of its counterparts. This usually enables visitors to enjoy the perk of receiving good value for their expenses here!
(*) Pillions recommended only for experienced off road riders.
• 14x Accommodation nights.
• All Dinners and Breakfasts.
• 11 days BMW motorcycle rental with unlimited mileage, motorcycle insurance and one-way transfer fee.
• Motorcycles equipped with dual tyres.
• BMW Motorrad Leading Tour guide on a motorcycle.
• 4×4 back-up vehicle, carrying: luggage, first aid, tools & spares, drinking water, as well as space for passengers.
• Excursions specified in the tour summary, i.e. game drives.
• Toll fees & entrance to National Parks.
• Airport transfers.
• Travel and Medical Insurance.
• Lunch and Refreshments.
• Excursions not mentioned in the tour summary.
• Any personal expenses.
• Helmet and protective gear. (Please bring your own gear.)
• Motorcycle luggage (Tankbags, panniers, etc can be rented.)
Excursions prior to, or after the tour can be arranged, i.e. City Tour.
Additional accommodation can be arranged for those arriving earlier, or staying longer.